A new national curriculum is to be taught in England as from September 2014. Therefore, as a school we have revised our seven year plan, which covers the Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, to reflect these changes. A link to this seven year plan can be found below.
At St. James’ we aim to:
- Give our pupils opportunities for the progression, knowledge and development of skills through the enjoyment of physical activity, within a structured, safe and supportive environment.
- Foster a positive attitude towards fitness, health and hygiene.
- Give children a firsthand experience of competitions and the life skills its teaches.
- Ensure that each child receives a balanced programme of physical
activities as set out in the National Curriculum.
- Make all physical activity FUN.