We value the strong relationship that exists between our School and the community and always welcome the opportunity to take part in community activities and to share ours.
Links with our Parish Church
The School has good links with the Parish Church and continues to look for opportunities to use the church.
- The school maintains regular links with St James’ Staple Tye
- The Curate is chaplain to St James’ and visits the school weekly and regularly takes daily worship.
- The Children’s work is displayed in the church at regular intervals
- School Festival Services and Year 6 leavers service are held at the church.
- Bi-Monthly Governing Body meetings are held in the church meeting room.
Links with the Wider Community
We also take part in a number of other activities:
- Sports matches with local schools.
- Visits to local secondary schools such as Stewards Academy and The Henry Moore School
- Pupils use the pool at Stewards for their swimming lessons
- Pupils take part in the annual Harlow Music Festival.
- Taking part in competitions to improve our school and the quality of provision.
- More able pupils link with Stewards.
Links with local Charities
Supported by the Community at St James’ Primary School. Find out more about this scheme here.
Most of the Governors are either members of the local community or Harlow Town residents. They support the planning and development of the school.